Hero Banner

Building Partnerships & Alliances

Build a successful Microsoft practice through partners & alliances

MallaReddy
Visitor 1

How to get PDM (Partner Direct Manager) for Silver Partner in UK

Is Silver Partners get a automatic direct Manager from  OCP.

3 REPLIES 3
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

Neither Silver or Gold Partner do automatically get a dedicated account manager assigned - this usually depends on many factors (e.g. "visibility", revenue, customer segments, marketplace solution, vertical solutions). 

What is it that you need?

Kind regards,
Janosch
Get consultations form Technical Presales & Deployment services team via https://aka.ms/technicalservices
Sid_Colibri
Level 3 Contributor

Hi Janosch,

We started our partner journey on 1/4/2019 and achieved Gold competency in Jan2021. We work with enterprise clients and expect heavy Azure consumption. Every time we raise a ticket for MPN or incentives it ends up directing us to "check with our PDM".
-If getting a PDM depends on multiple factors, why do the internal teams keep pushing us to PDM?
-Working with other cloud vendors we never had to search for a PDM. Does Microsoft have some higher expectations?
I hope you understand we are doing our but not getting enough help as a Gold partner.

Kind regards,
Sid

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

Yes, I have also seen some of the support responses that refer back to a PDM without checking if there is one - and I can only recommend to challenge the support people with this fact and ask for escalation. I don't know why they are doing this without looking at the specific request you made and expectation. Maybe you can share the topics where you asked for support? - you can also send me a private message on this if your prefer.

Truth is, the support is usually not able to have a strategic discussion with Partner, but only address specific questions/issues. 

There is one option I forgot to mention in this discussion before - the Cloud Enablement Desk: Microsoft Cloud Enablement Desk

This is what comes nearest to having a PDM, CED will help with developing you further as Partner with focus on enabling cloud scenarios.

Kind regards,
Janosch
Get consultations form Technical Presales & Deployment services team via https://aka.ms/technicalservices