Hero Banner

Building Partnerships & Alliances

Build a successful Microsoft practice through partners & alliances

legend126
Visitor 1

Gold Partner Status is it Transferable?

Hi, 

I would like to consult the partner community on regards to the compenteny. Support a Company A and Company B are two separate legal entities. The only conneciton between company A and Company B is a common owners. Company A with domain contoso.com have been approved microsoft Gold partner. and company B  with Domain contosoconsulting.com is not a gold partner. Can company B claim their gold partnership by way of common ownership. From a companies house point of view, (as the case is in UK) these two companines do not constitute parent-subsidiary -relationship thus accounting wise also maintains two separte books. I look forward to your rsponse, and if this is something fraudulent i seek your advise on how to bring this to Micirosft's Atteniton for investigation. 

8 REPLIES 8
PerWerngren
Influencer

Hi,

No, this will not work! But you can use certified people that belong to one company when qualifiying for for Silver/Gold in the other. But you cannot use their certifications in two companiens at the same time.

Regards, Per

NRG
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Hello Per,

If a company is a majority or wholly owned subsidiary company does it qualify as a Gold Partner IF its parent company is Gold Partner?

If so does this work internationally? For example Gold Partner Company A (UK) ownes Company B (Sweden), can Company B call itself a Gold Partner and consume the benefits? 

NRG
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

I think this may be answered by the following clause i the MPN agreement:

Company’s Affiliates may participate in the MPN under the Company’s Location for the purpose of pooling Company resources to earn Competencies or for sharing benefits.

Still not clear if Company B could call themselves a Gold Partner if they are a seperate legal entity, albeit an affiliate.

PerWerngren
Influencer

I’ve seen several examples of a subsidiary being part of a group that has collectively achieved Gold and where each and one calling themselves Gold
NRG
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Thanks Per, 

I agree I have seen it myself but wanting to be sure that is a correct use.  The MPN agreement does not seem to make it clear. I would not want my client to become just another example of a Partner calling themselves something that does not conform to the MPN agreement. There are too many out there already, and continued use of out of date logos.

Best,

Nigel

PerWerngren
Influencer

Hi Nigel,

My advice is to be transparent and say that the group is Gold.

Another good thing with pooling everything together the group might be able to qualify for Gold in more Competencies.

Regards, Per

PerWerngren
Influencer

Hello Nigel,

Companies part of the same group (i.e. majority owned) can claim Gold for the whole group. Benefits like IUR are for the group only. I guess this will work regardless of regional combinations. MAPS can be a way to add IUR for a company part of the group.

Regards Per
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

I would advise to take a look in the MPN agreement (Link in Partner Center in Settings - Partner Profile.

E.g. Affiliate is defined as followed:

"“Affiliate” means any legal entity that owns, is owned by, or is commonly owned with a party and “own” means having more than 50% ownership or the right to direct the management of the entity."

I did not see any specific restrictions in the agreement for user MPN offers by affiliates - but of course I can not give legal consulting on the agreement terms here.

Technically you have to aware that affiliate can not register themselves as Partner (with their own MPN org ID and HQ) and then take over the Gold Status.

What could work is that the affiliates AzureAD tenant can be associated with the tenant of the company that has Gold status - added a screenshot. However - this only works when the tenant is not registered for MPN or CSP yet.

tenant association.jpg

Kind regards,
Janosch
Get consultations form Technical Presales & Deployment services team via https://aka.ms/technicalservices