- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Subscribe to Topic
- Printer Friendly Page
We’re here to support you
We’re making partnership easier
We know one of the most important aspects of running a business is having the right answers available when needed. Over 40 thousand partners visit our support page every month, and it’s our priority to give each one specific and timely help. We have been focused on making the partner-support experience as easy-to-use as possible, and that effort was recently awarded with this year’s Technology Services Industry Association Star Award for delivering world-class, proactive support services to partners. We’re proud to support our partners in any way we can, and we will continue to improve the support experience going forward.
Answers are just a click away
The best insights into how we can improve come from you. With that, we’ve taken your insights and feedback and created new support experiences.
- Click-to-chat option: The click-to-chat option has been added to most pages throughout the Microsoft partner website. Wherever you are, one-on-one help is just a click away.
- Support link in the primary site navigation: Support information can be found quickly with an easy-to-find support link in the primary website navigation.
- Enhanced support categories: To help you quickly search relevant topics and find answers fast, we have addressed the most frequently asked questions from partners and created improved support categories where partners can attain additional, specific support in one location.
- Logo Builder tool: Partners now have easy access to the Logo Builder tool, which allows you to create a partnership logo or – in the case of Silver and Gold competency partners – can print a verification letter to certify your Microsoft partnership.
Chat is gone and is replaced with a ticket system that clearly uses a third party call center that takes 3-7 business days between question and response as the tech just passes emails between me and some backend "expert" (If I have to hear "I'm checking with my expert, I'll get back to you" one more time...).I'm now 3 months in on a ticket about Partner Admin Link that should have been solved in a phone call. I sure do miss having a partner admin rep, guess MS doesn't care about its Gold Partners anymore.
Update on the above - I found a phone number YAY! Called and went into the interminable IVR... finally found the Partner support - Press 3 - routed to a voice mail telling me that they are busy and to log a ticket at the URL that the voice provides... except you have to be authorised to raise a ticket and of course I'm not authorised... I wonder if Franz Kafka worked for Microsoft?
@stevecohn : So you can log in to your tenant, e.g. via Azure portal, and see that you have the global admin in your AzureAD tenant? And where exactly did you get the message that you are not authorized - right away when accessing the Partner Center Dashboard, or when accessing some the settings area? Note that some Partner Center roles like MPN Admin are not automatically granted to global admins and might required to be explicitly set.
You can also raise a ticket when you can't access the PC using this link; https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/support/?stage=1 (See lower right area where it sasy "General: Unable to Login Into Partner Center>"
Hi Janosch - thanks for your response. I can't logon to anything - it says I'm not authorised... the steps I follow are as follows
- I click on the button in the renewal email "SIGN IN TO PARTNER CENTER >"which takes me to a page to select the user - I choose the user that I originally registered the account with.
- it takes me to a page saying that I am already signed in, which is fine - so I click on the link saying "Remain signed in to this account" and today it 404 errors (it's the first time it has done this - so now I can't even get to the partner site - is it surprising I'm frustrated??) so I sign out and back in again and at last I can get to https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/directory
- click on the "get started" link under Microsoft Action Pack which takes me here https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/membership/action-pack
- it asks me to sign in again... which I click on and it takes me to https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/mpn/notauthorized - Not Authorised...
- I have already tried raising a ticket where you suggest but it tells me: Not authorised.
so it seems I can't let them know I have a problem and I can't renew because I have a problem. This is such basic stuff I'm really staggered that it can happen.
If there is anything you can do to help I will be very grateful
I did also ask if you can log in to any admin center for your tenant, e.g. via Azure Portal. What about this?
The support link/suggestion I made works without any authentication, just tested it again via an Inprivate/Incognito session.
Can you please IM me the account/tenant name you are using for Partner Center? This all sounds like you were using a personal account, but I guess the problem is not due to failing on such basic prerequisites.
Sorry I didn't reply about Azure Portal - yes I can logon to that. I'm not using a personal account - I've never used the email address for a personal account. It might be a silly question but how do I IM you? LinkedIn? FB? Other? Thanks
Also I just double checked the support link that you gave me and it takes me to this page https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/dashboard/support which shows me this message:
You don’t have access. You don’t have permission to view this page. Contact your account admin for access. Learn how to manage permissions.
The link I gave, when clicking on "General: unable to login..." directs to https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/support/?stage=3&topicid=3f8b5691-9946-f365-9b18-7fb0b74ae2ce , not the dashboard.
To IM me, you have to click on my username, then you find "send this user a private message" in the top right section
The link you provide above does take me to a different page - it appears to be a different link actually... but anyway it allows me to fill in a form which I will do. I've IM'd you - thanks for your help
I'm based in New Zealand. Trying to renew the Action Pack - which Microsoft emailed me to renew... my company has been partners for 10+ years and I'm the account admin but apparently under the new site "You don’t have permission to view this page. Contact your account admin for access." I AM the admin - WTF? So then I thought - I know I'll talk to someone in support who will quickly fix the problem - turns out that, if there is a phone number or chat box that you can use they keep it so well hidden that search doesnt turn it up and / or you have to be logged on as the Admin to raise a ticket - see error message above.
Come on Microsoft - we are on your side - why make it so hard?
Well worth amplifying!
There are several great support resources from Microsoft for all aspects of 'your-life-as-a-partner'! Let's spread the word!
We are having same problem and cannot renew the action pack.
We are also a small company
Maybe you are talking about another company because I am having the problem with employment verification and I am the owner of the company with no employees. Support looks like that does not care about this issue, I am dealing with that for more than 30 days and now I cannot renew my partnership, I think they want me to get out of the program once I am a small company. I am patner since 2007 and when they change to this new website they change to one that is fancy but does not work at all. What is the employment verification? How it is done to be rejected? This is crap of some lazy and bureacratic employee that decides to check a thing that they are not able to check and did not add value to the process. It is frustating, time consuming and the only impression that I have is Microsoft is behaving as arrogant and lazy.
We are having same problem and cannot renew the action pack.
We are also a small company 😤