Hero Banner

Blog Discussions

Responding to COVID-19: Partner guidance and resources.

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Re: Responding to COVID-19: Partner guidance and resources

Will E1 be a suitable temporary replacement for Business Eseentials? What will be the impact of switching an Essentials user to this plan?

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Thank you for the information.

Tried with my customer and work perfecly with all the funcionallity

Regards

Matteo

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Hi Andra,

I believe we qualify for the competency extension, Silver Data Analytics Partner (Power BI option).

I looked in Partner Centre and couldn't see any info on any extension.  All our benefit dates expire 30 June.

Can you clarify what you meant by "You will need to take action in Partner Center to take advantage of the extension. " ?

Thanks - Mike

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your query!

I do not have visibility over partner accounts in Partner Center.

Your Global Admin or MPN partner admin should have visibility in Partner Center over the required actions, if any.

If your competency anniversary date is between January 1 and June 30, 2020, we are extending your existing competency or competencies through your next anniversary date in 2021. You’ll (the assigned Global Admin from your organization) see information about any potential actions in Partner Center. 

I hope this answers your query,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Eric Re: Responding to COVID-19: Partner guidance and resources

And what about Action Pack partners? Is Microsoft (yet again) snubbing us?

Surely you don't mean to say that, on top of threatening to take away our IUR's earlier this year, Microsoft is refusing to extend any consideration to Action Pack partners effected by COVID? 

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

I guess I should start a support ticket then, as I'm the global admin and I cant see anything.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @R_lynn016 ,

I registered your feedback on MAPS extension and currently I don`t hold an answer.

While I understand the concerns and effects of the COVID-19 outbreak on your business, I can say that we are looking carefully at our partner programs and plans and evaluating actions we might take as the situation evolves.

We’ll share updates with the partner community as new information is available.

Thank you for understanding,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 5 Contributor

Re: Eric Re: Responding to COVID-19: Partner guidance and resources

Absolutely agree. we as partners should start another pedition

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

The E1 trial version is no more avaiable?

Highlighted
Microsoft

Instead of the E1 trial, there is now an O365 E1 promo offering in CSP Partner Center to provision (the normal E1 Plan is not charged for the first 6 month under certain conditions)

See https://aka.ms/CSPCOVIDPromo 

The E1 trial s still available per support request, see https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/partners/remotework

Highlighted
Visitor 1

Hi 

We are a Health charity on a CSP agreement having recently moved to the new Microsoft 365 tenancy with 500 seats on E3 with EMS 5 . 

Unfortunately our Fundraising has been crippled due to Covid. We are looking at how to survive this  and now need to reduce our seats after only 3 months into the agreement.  Is there an early termination fee.  Aree we able to reduce our seats ? Can anyone help me or recommend a way forward ? 

Highlighted
Microsoft

@Sillky :

Currently Microsoft does not charge any early termination fees.

You need to connect with your CSP Reseller you get the licenses from to discuss details (maybe they have a service offering that has different cancellation terms independent from Microsoft terms).

So generally in CSP you can suspend/cancel the license plan and reduce or increase license count mid-term. If you reduce license count mid-term, Microsoft will provide a pro-rated invoice/calciulation to the CSP Partner for the next billing cycle, you and subscription fees paid in advance will be refunded with daily accuracy.

This is all described at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/billing-basics#adjustmentscreditscancellations 

Again, you need to discuss the details applicable to you as a customer with the CSP partner you are working with and where you obtain the licenses from.

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Do I need to pay a partnership fee this year 2020-2021? Should you expand your competencies? The biggest problem in paying an affiliate fee.

I think that payment could be canceled or discounted.

Highlighted
Visitor 1

Thank you for the additional consideration during this time. Our competency anniversary is July 30th. If I pay for another year now, will I be able to take advantage of the extension without meeting any additional competency goals? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @eric_deviq  & @roman-s-v ,

If your competency anniversary date is between January 1 and June 30, 2020, we are extending your existing competency or competencies through your next anniversary date in 2021.

If your anniversary date is later than June 30, the competency extension mentioned above does not apply, even if you pay earlier.

Regardless of the anniversary date, you need to pay the competency fee.

Thank you,

Andra

Highlighted
Visitor 1

Hi Andra - I've checked/rechecked Partner Center and the expiration dates for Exams and Assessments for Gold - Silver Cloud Competencies continues to read June 30, 2020.  As this date is quickly approaching and will impact many facets of our MS Partnership - would you please confirm that the June 30, 2020 will not invalidate our Gold Cloud qualifications.  I understand renewal dates are extended and it is confusing to not see that information in the MPN Partner Center.  Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @RR_II ,

Thank you for raising this.

When is your anniversary date?
If your competency anniversary date is between January 1 and June 30, 2020, we are extending your existing competency or competencies through your next anniversary date in 2021. You will need to take action in Partner Center to take advantage of the extension. 
Your Global Admin or MPN partner admin will see information specific to your company in Partner Center. 

Regarding certifications I believe those exams have been retired already and their availability has already been extended by end of June 2020.  See this example. So the validity will not be extended after this date.
According to the Cloud Platform competency page , however I see listed on this page other available exams, that are not being retired.

2 individual must pass all the exams of any one role:

Developer role

Administrator role

Architect role

Data Engineer role

Highlighted
Visitor 1

Andrea,

What is the status with regard to extending the competency extension beyond June 30.  Our current anniversary is July 15 and the COVID-19 crisis isn't going to be magically better on July 1.  It is extremely disappointing that Microsoft hasn't extend this beyond June 30.  I opened a support case on this item a few weeks ago however wasn't provided any insight other than the offer only applies through June 30.

Highlighted
Level 5 Contributor

Same here. We are uop for renewal July 30th and would also prefer if this is not limited to June 30ths. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @rfdelello ,

Thanks for your query!

I have not seen any update regarding a competency extension beyond June 30.

We know that you and your customers are concerned about the impact of COVID-19 on your families, employees, and businesses. We are looking carefully at our partner programs and plans and evaluating actions we might take as the situation evolves.

The latest communication on this matter is Gavriella`s blog post

We’ll share updates with the partner community and with our field as new information is available.

Thank you,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 5 Contributor

Hello Janosch, 2 question regarding the Office 365 E1 COVID-19 promotion. 

1. The offer ends June 30th,  2020 - Will there be an extension? 

2. Is a customer with trial licenses for exchange online, still eligible for this promotion as new customer. 

2a) Where can we proof if the customer is eligible?

Many thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Microsoft

@Jacky_COSMO :

To my knowledge there will not be an extension to the offering.

Reg. trial licenses - if customer already has trial, promo will still apply. The licenses that would make the customer not eligible to the promo terms are documented in the FAQ.

Reg. how to checkl if promo terms apply - this is possible using manual check (Check if customer has any SKU that will not make him eligible), via API (after promo was provisioned) or via invoice recon file.

Check page 11 of the Promo FAQ which was recently updated in this regard: https://o365pp.blob.core.windows.net/media/Resources/SMB/Partner%20FAQ%20-%20CSP%20E1%20and%20Business%20Basic%20Promos.pdf

Highlighted
Level 5 Contributor

Thanks now, it's clear. However we have checked a few protion customers and do not see the promotion in the activity log whereas it is correctly displayed on incoice files.