Hero Banner

Blog Discussions

Responding to COVID-19: Partner guidance and resources.

Community Manager

Responding to COVID-19: Partner guidance and resources

As the world responds to the outbreak of COVID-19, our thoughts are with the people affected and the medical professionals working around the clock to help those most at need. At Microsoft, we’re working to do our part by ensuring the safety of our employees, striving to protect the health and well-being of the communities in which we operate, and providing technology, tips and resources to our customers and partners to help them do their best work while remote.  

Many of our partners and customers have asked us to share the details of how we enable remote work for such a large workforce. Read more from Gavriella Schuster in her March 16 blog here and her April 2 blog update here or post your questions and discussions below. 

47 REPLIES 47
Level 1 Contributor

Is there any consideration for MAPS subscribers who are effected? I'm working round the clock presently and the vast majority of that labor is unpaid, trying to support remote workers (mostly county and relief workers), deploying vlans and sourcing hardware. I'm hemorraging personal cash into my business and am living on credit. My MAPS renewal window ends in 3 weeks, and unless federal relief arrives before then, I'm not going to be able to pay my MAPS renewal.

Is there any relief for businesses like us? Without some flexibility, 2020 will most definitely be the year my MS partnership ends.

Visitor 1

Hello,

We got the email with the E1 promo with Teams in response to the demand for remote workforce solutions. It mentions that we can get a code to send out to link the offer to our account, but no one knows how to get the code. Please advise asap.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/e1-trial-license?WT.mc_id=email

Thanks!

Community Manager

Hi @H-Desk ,

I looked over the documentation and below are the available scenarios. Can you indicate what is your scenario, please?

You have to work through Partner Center to get the Passcode and in scenario 3 you need to submit a case with support.

1. All customers – Microsoft Teams CSP trial. Partner-initiated trial available through Partner Center. This trial has a 1,000-seat limit.
  2. Managed Microsoft customers – Office 365 E1 Trial offer. Customer requests passcode from Microsoft account manager.
  3. Customers with no Microsoft account manager and more than 1,000 seats – Office 365 Trial offer. Partner requests passcode from Partner Center Support. Click CSP, then select Cannot find an offer in the catalog.
  4. End users – Microsoft Teams Free and Teams Exploratory Experience. Users can sign up directly.

Thank you,

Andra

Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra,

Am I correct in thinking this doesn't apply to MAPS level partners?

Thanks,

Phil

Community Manager

Hi @philstubbington ,

If you are MAPS, you should be able to use the offer. You need to be in Partner Center (so need to have migrated from PMC).
You can use the Direct Office 365 E1 trial which is already live and available, please see below:
For customers who don’t align to the CSP Trial, partners can now get access to the Office 365 E1 Trial for them. Partners can log in to Partner Center Support, click on CSP > Cannot find an offer in the catalog.

Hope this helps,
Andra
Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra,

So, that's option 1 or option 3 in the list above?  It's quite confusing 😞

I'll take a look at let you know if I encounter any problems.

Thank you 🙂

regards,

Phil

Community Manager

Hi @philstubbington ,

That would be option 3 from the list above.
For reference I am adding the paragraph from Gavriella Schuster`s letter:

Enabling Teams

• Teams is a pivotal part of the remote work experience, and Microsoft is committed to making Teams available to everyone.
  • We recommend that partners lead with the CSP Trial, as this is the only experience that partners can initiate and manage. Please see details in our news article.
  • For customers who don’t align to the CSP Trial, partners can now get access to the Office 365 E1 Trial for them. Partners can log in to Partner Center Support, click on CSP > Cannot find an offer in the catalog.
  • Virtual delivery options are now available across all Microsoft 365 Partner Accelerator workshops. Join our webinar on March 19, for details and best practices for delivering workshops using Microsoft Teams.
  • For more information on supporting your customers with remote work, visit the Microsoft 365 partner blog.

Yes, let me know if you encounter any issues.

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

Hello Andrea, and thanks for the opportunity

I tested this option with one of my customer and work perfectly.

Just one thing, with this license i cannot use the meeting feature

In the image below(Italian version) i can use "Calendario"(Meetings) with Office 365 Business Premium License

In the second the feature "Calendario"(Meetings) is not avaiable for the license Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud

Immagine.png

I don't know if i miss something

Thanks 

Regards

Matteo Tagliaferro

Community Manager

Hi @tagliaferro ,

Getting back on this thread and apologies for the delay, after I read more about the options inlcuded.

As per this link : https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/free my understanding is that scheduled meetings (calendar) is not included in the free version. 

Thank you,

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

Hi @Andra,

and thank you for the check

the customer is currently using teams via the 1 month free 365 business premium version to test all the features.

Thank you again

Best regards

Matteo

Microsoft

@tagliaferro : Sorry for the late answer - for completeness, there is now a 6-Month Office 365 E1 trial available via CSP, this does solve the calendar issues that might occur you are using the Teams trial with no Exchange Online currently. The E1 trial does somehow replace the Teams trial

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/e1-trial-license#how-to-get-an-e1-trial-license

https://aka.ms/CSPE1OfferFAQ 

Level 1 Contributor

The E1 trial version is no more avaiable?

Microsoft

Instead of the E1 trial, there is now an O365 E1 promo offering in CSP Partner Center to provision (the normal E1 Plan is not charged for the first 6 month under certain conditions)

See https://aka.ms/CSPCOVIDPromo 

The E1 trial s still available per support request, see https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/partners/remotework

Level 5 Contributor

Hello Janosch, 2 question regarding the Office 365 E1 COVID-19 promotion. 

1. The offer ends June 30th,  2020 - Will there be an extension? 

2. Is a customer with trial licenses for exchange online, still eligible for this promotion as new customer. 

2a) Where can we proof if the customer is eligible?

Many thanks in advance. 

Microsoft

@Jacky_COSMO :

To my knowledge there will not be an extension to the offering.

Reg. trial licenses - if customer already has trial, promo will still apply. The licenses that would make the customer not eligible to the promo terms are documented in the FAQ.

Reg. how to checkl if promo terms apply - this is possible using manual check (Check if customer has any SKU that will not make him eligible), via API (after promo was provisioned) or via invoice recon file.

Check page 11 of the Promo FAQ which was recently updated in this regard: https://o365pp.blob.core.windows.net/media/Resources/SMB/Partner%20FAQ%20-%20CSP%20E1%20and%20Business%20Basic%20Promos.pdf

Level 5 Contributor

Thanks now, it's clear. However we have checked a few protion customers and do not see the promotion in the activity log whereas it is correctly displayed on incoice files. 

Level 1 Contributor

Thank you for the information.

Tried with my customer and work perfecly with all the funcionallity

Regards

Matteo

Level 1 Contributor

Will E1 be a suitable temporary replacement for Business Eseentials? What will be the impact of switching an Essentials user to this plan?

Community Manager

Hi @tagliaferro,

Ok thank you for clarifying, I checked a different documentation. 🙂

What version of Exchange is the customer using?

As per the below, please see page 6, Calendaring functionality in Teams will not be supported if organizations are not using Exchange Online or a supported version of Exchange On-Prem (Exchange 2016 CU3+ or Exchange 2013 CU17+).

Community Manager

Good day @tagliaferro ,

Thank you for your message.

That is a very good question. Perhaps you can check this resource, while I ask this internally. 

Also, @JanoschUlmer is this something you can advise on? 

Please note the letter from Gavriella Schuster has been updated: https://blogs.partner.microsoft.com/mpn/responding-to-covid-19-partner-guidance-and-resources/?ln=en-us.

Have a great day ahead,

Andra

Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra,

So, as a MAPS partner, option 3 is the only option, and that's for over 1000 seats?

We have no offer for a MAPS partner for prospective new customers?

Thanks,

Phil