Hero Banner

Blog Discussions

Responding to COVID-19: Partner guidance and resources.

Highlighted
Level 2 Contributor

Renewal of competency between July and December 2020

Hi @Andra 

Older certifications like MCSE Productivity used to count against competency renewals. Our renewal is due in July 2020. Due to COVID-19 the certifications will not be retired on June 30th 20 but in January 21. Does this mean that they also count against compentency renewals happening between July and December 2020 ? The competency pages (for "Collaboration & Conten") still show the following info "Note: Retired exams 70-347, 70-339 and MCSE certification will be valid for competencies until June 30, 2020." Is this final or will this date be updated as well to January since the certifications have been extendend?

Thanks and kind regards

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Renewal of competency between July and December 2020

Hi @Visitor5 ,

Thank you for your query!

You can take the certifications until January 31, 2021.

Thank you,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 2 Contributor

Hi @Andra 

Thank you very much for your reply.

We already have people that have passed the exam.

My question would be: Does an existing MCSE Productivity Certification count for the competency "Collaboration & Content" if the renewal date is in July 20?  (the corresponding info page says it does count until June 30th - but also states that the info needs to be updated.)

Thank you for any clarification.

Kind regards

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Visitor5 ,

You are welcome!

I am not aware of any changes applied to this competency, nor have I seen any communications on this topic.

My advice is to keep an eye on updates in Partner Center and the competency page and until further notice yes these certifications are required and count towards attaining  "Collaboration & Content" competency.

You can always drop a question to Support if you see any inaccuracies in your Partner Center dashboard.

Hope this helps,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 2 Contributor

Hi @Andra 

Thanks again!

We do not seem to get a final answer from anybody. It seems odd that the "Communications"-Competency allows MCSE Productivity until January 31st 21 as a requirement and the "Collaboration & Content" Competency allows the same certification until June 30th 20 only .

Highlighted
Level 2 Contributor

Hi @Andra 

Is there anybody who can confirm that the date below for June 30th is still valid even though the certificates have been extended until January 31st 21? (this would help us a lot to focus our efforts)

Visitor5_0-1591083997009.png

(Screenshot taken from here: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/membership/collaboration-and-content-competency)

Thx

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Visitor5 ,

Late reply here, apologies.

Thank you for raising this additional question. I am following-up internally with regards to this difference in dates, between the two competencies.

I am updating this thread as soon as I have a feedback.

Thank you,

Andra

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Visitor5 ,

Thanks for your patience.

I am told that the Teamwork Administrator Associate certification is retiring on August 31, 2020 (https://docs.microsoft.com/learn/certifications/m365-teamwork-administrator). The competency page should be updated as well in the following weeks.
The exams mentioned have already been retired, 70-347, 70-339, so I believe their validity will not be extended after end of June, 2020.

Hope this helps scheduling your exams.

Thank you,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 2 Contributor

Dear @Andra 

Thank you very much for the additional information. I highly appreciate your efforts.

I understand that 70-347 and  70-339 are being retired, but MCSE Certifications (also mentioned in the requirements) are not (see here ) - they are extended until January 2021. 

Please excuse my persistence, but my question still is:  Does  MCSE Productivity count against "Collaboration & Communication" for a partner competency renewal taking place in July 2020?

(MCSE are extendend until 2021 AND the "communications" competency allows MCSE Productivity  until January 21 - so it would make sense to me that MCSE productivity would also count against "collaboration & communication" until January 21)

Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Visitor5 ,

I don`t see listed the MCSE Productivity being a requirement for "Collaboration & Communication".
Could you indicate where this is listed, please?

The only Certification that counts towards this competency is Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator Associate, as is listed on the competency page: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/membership/collaboration-and-content-competency .

So to your question, MCSE Productivity does not count for attaining the "Collaboration & Communication" (regardless of the aniversary date).

Hope this clarifies,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 2 Contributor

Hi @Andra 

Thx again four your reply.

Please see the screenshot and the highlighted area below.

It states, that the MCSE Certification does also count. The MCSE Productivity's retirement has been extended until January 2021 (see here).

Visitor5_0-1591360273010.png

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Visitor5 ,

I understand your query and beyond my previous reply I don`t have visibility to advise properly.

If you still need clarity, I recommend you contact Frontline Support, so you can get clear and consistent guidance, and we will be able to track based on the incident number.

Our Frontline agents will be able to assist you and collect any data they should consider to be relevant and also further escalate if needed.

You might also find useful the following article, regarding how partners can get support – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4458106/how-to-get-support-for-microsoft-partners 

Thank you for understanding,
Andra