Hero Banner

Blog Discussions

Learn and share your thoughts on Blogs

Level 3 Contributor

CSP Delegated Admin (Full Access) is limited to what we can actually do.

Hi, 

We've completely rolled out delegated access to our clients portals through the Partner Centre and removed the need from our Service Desk to have the Global Admin credentils for our clients tenant. 

This does solve a lot of auditability / compliance etc. However, it does take away a lot of the basic tasks the service desk was able to do with Global admin. 

i.e. When logged into a clients Microsoft 365 Admin centre through Partner Center Delegated Admin, we can't do things such as: 

1. Converting a users mailbox to a shared mailbox
  2. Accessing Teams Admin Centre 
  3. Managing SharePoint online 

Are there any plans to change this? Or perhaps we're completely going about it the wrong way? 

Either way, it is a struggle on one hand to manage everything through Partner Center when we can't acheive half the task we're set out to do as a support provider and  using the clients actaul Gloabl Admin details instead to do these tasks that then we do not or cannot have any traceability/accountability. Failing compliance.

Any info would be appreciated. 

Regards

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Level 3 Contributor

Sorry this was essentialy a repost from another topic I've just discovered: 

https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/Key-Resources-and-Guides/CSP-and-Delegated-Admin-security-concerns-MFA-is-great-but-what/td-p/11041

More or less the same problems with us too. 

Will close thread. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Level 3 Contributor

Sorry this was essentialy a repost from another topic I've just discovered: 

https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/Key-Resources-and-Guides/CSP-and-Delegated-Admin-security-concerns-MFA-is-great-but-what/td-p/11041

More or less the same problems with us too. 

Will close thread. 

View solution in original post