Understand Partner Admin Link (PAL) and link your partner ID to your Power Platform and Customer Insights customers
Understand Partner Admin Link (PAL) and link your partner ID to your Power Platform and Customer Insights customers to help earning the Business Applications Solutions Partner Designation, Microsoft Low Code Application Development Advanced Specialization, and to get incentives.
In order for Microsoft to identify and recognize partners that have Power Platform and Customer Insights customers it is important to link these resources with the partner’s ID in the customer’s tenant.
This is described in this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management-billing/manage/link-partner-id-power-apps-accounts
Important points to remember:
- Remember to use the correct MPN ID typically known as the Partner Location Account (PLA)
- Remember that the MPN association should be done with the user account which is being used with the resource in a production environment
- We only count resources in a production environment
- In general we recommend always to move the resources to the production environment via a solution and by the associated user account – this will set the importing user as the owner of all deliverables inside it
- The importing user needs to have the System Administrator role in the production environment
- If using a service principal you must use Power Platform CLI or Azure DevOps to import the solutions into the production environment – other account types can also use the Web GUI