Hero Banner

Azure Marketplace and AppSource

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Azure Marketplace and AppSource

Highlighted
Visitor 1

How To Monetise A Power BI Connector + Template App

Hi everyone,

New to the community so I have a bunch of newbie questions. My partners and I have developed an connector and template app for PowerBI and I am unsure on how to monetise it.

- Is there a way to set up a Power BI App via the partner portal so that MS handles keys and payments etc.?

- Would it be more advisable to publish the app as SAAS?

- I see some apps on app source require authentication to use (i.e. you have a key or an account tethered to a subscription), is this something I can toggle somewhere and then just genereate keys and process payments myself or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for all the tips,

Regards,

Thomas

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft

Re: How To Monetise A Power BI Connector + Template App

Hi OpusBI,

Great questions. Let's go over them: 

- Is there a way to set up a Power BI App via the partner portal so that MS handles keys and payments etc.?

[Patrick]  Currently the offers that build on or extend Dynamics 365, Office 365, Power BI, and Power App only provide List (Contact Me) and Trial (Try it now) capabilities. We don't have Transact for these offers.  You can find more information here

- Would it be more advisable to publish the app as SAAS?

[Patrick]  If you want Transact capabilities, probably the SaaS offering is a better fit. I would recommend you request an Architecture Design Review meeting via the  Marketplace Support link here. Please include a link to this ticket. 

- I see some apps on app source require authentication to use (i.e. you have a key or an account tethered to a subscription), is this something I can toggle somewhere and then just generate keys and process payments myself or am I missing something? [Patrick]  For the PowerBI offer and others, You can convert any of your customers that request a Contact Me or a Trial to a paying service, however, today you will have to implement all these capabilities yourself. 

Thanks, 

Patrick