Hero Banner

Ask Me Anything

Stay tuned for upcoming Ask Me Anything Sessions!

Level 6 Contributor

Ask Me Anything: How to Navigate the MSFT Partner Support Experience

*Please access the calendar invite and link to the event through the attachment at the very bottom of this post*

thad.jpgBio:
Thad Schwebke is this month's Microsoft Subject Matter Expert.  Thad is a Senior Support & Partner Planner within the Customer Service and Support (CSS) and is leading the digital support experience within partner.microsoft.com.  More than 22 years of experience, working in many roles and across multiple Microsoft products, he understands and is a passionate advocate for making a great support experience! He is a techie and is actively pursuing how AI could help improve support.  During this session he will walk us through navigating the support experience and ideas we have for continued improvements.

Title/Topic:

This month’s AMA topic will be "Learn How to Navigate the Microsoft Partner Support Experience". The partner digital experience is designed to support each of you as Microsoft partners find support resources that will help you resolve queries about programs, products and more. We recognize the challenges within the support experience today and are making steps to make this experience better. This session will share the experience today and share ideas we have for continuing to improve the experience

Partner.microsoft.com is the starting point for support needs. It provides self-serve content through knowledgebase articles, training material, videos and more.  If assisted support is required it will help identify the relevant chat, online ticket submission or phone numbers for the topics. The goal is to get partners to the right support experience the first time. 

Details to Participate:

To participate in this months AMA, Start asking questions on this thread October 16th and tune in for the AMA event on November 28th, 9-9:30am PST. The top Kudoed questions will be answered first. 

To ensure you do not forget, please download the calendar invite below! This will be a live session, so a Skype link will be included in the invite. Thad will be giving a live talk for the first 15 minutes, and will be answering live questions for the remainder. In addition, he will be answering questions posted directly to this thread leading up to the event. A recording of the session will be made and posted on MPC later that day, including written material embedded in the post as well. 

External Resources:

*Please access the calendar invite and link to the event through the attachment at the very bottom of this post*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft

Re: Ask Me Anything: How to Navigate the MSFT Partner Support Experience

Hi Dean,

Our goal is to index all Microsoft partner websites and key resources from the partner website (http://partner.microsoft.com).

If you visit the site and look at the 3 pages we have for the market opportunities (commercial, consumer and education), you'll find links to resources, sites and programs depending on which market(s) you're trying to serve.

It's not an index of all Microsoft sites, but our goal is to curate all partner specific resources across Microsoft.com here so partners will have a single URL to remember.

Please let me know if we're missing something and we can look at how to include it.

Thanks,

Derek

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Level 1 Contributor

can you send me the link for the webinar on Nov 28th? thank you   tcox@trinsoft.com

Level 6 Contributor

Hi @tcox! To access the link to the live session on November 28th, please download the calendar invite below. The Skype link is embedded in the Outlook invite. 

Level 1 Contributor

I apolgize - but I do not see a link.

Level 6 Contributor

Skype link embedd.PNGHi @tcox! I have attached a screenshot identifying the link to the calendar invite embedded in this post. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Level 2 Contributor

I had the same issue as the other user findining the link to the ICS file, I think that the big oval tag dominates the visual experience and makes it more difficult to recognize the link. Is there any thing that can be done in this platform to change the visual appearance of the tag and link objects to make it more intuitive and decrease the confusion?

MSCE - Productivity
MCSA - Office 365
Level 2 Contributor

Please provide us a comprehensive listing of ALL of the different web sites for Partners. There are so many to choose from it is very confusing. Having this community at an entirely new url is just one example.

MSCE - Productivity
MCSA - Office 365
Microsoft

Hi Dean,

Our goal is to index all Microsoft partner websites and key resources from the partner website (http://partner.microsoft.com).

If you visit the site and look at the 3 pages we have for the market opportunities (commercial, consumer and education), you'll find links to resources, sites and programs depending on which market(s) you're trying to serve.

It's not an index of all Microsoft sites, but our goal is to curate all partner specific resources across Microsoft.com here so partners will have a single URL to remember.

Please let me know if we're missing something and we can look at how to include it.

Thanks,

Derek

View solution in original post

Microsoft

Reference materia: Ask Me Anything How to Navigate the Partner Support Exp

Here is the reference material from the presentation:

• Microsoft Partner website > select Support
  • How to get support for Microsoft Partners - KB article will be updated every time we update the experience (More Information: contains all Categories, Topics and Issues available)
  • We’re Listening - Provide Feedback:
  • Content: On KB's look for Did this sovle your problem?  Yes/No
    • General: provide specifics so we can improve the experience through Was this page helpful? At the bottom of the support pages (Yes/No and then a text box)
    • Partner Support Feedback psf@microsoft.com
  • Check back regularly as we are making improvements
  • Start Chat anywhere through the Start Chat button from the bottom right of the support pages and many more!
  • Review the Support blog post Nov 26th, 2018
Microsoft

Re: Reference materia: Ask Me Anything How to Navigate the Partner Support

Thanks Tammy.  For community members out there, we've continued to work on the support pages.  Check out the updated page (same URL) at partner.microsoft.com/support and let us know what you think.

@tammgri wrote:

Here is the reference material from the presentation:

• Microsoft Partner website > select Support
  • How to get support for Microsoft Partners - KB article will be updated every time we update the experience (More Information: contains all Categories, Topics and Issues available)
  • We’re Listening - Provide Feedback:
  • Content: On KB's look for Did this sovle your problem?  Yes/No
    • General: provide specifics so we can improve the experience through Was this page helpful? At the bottom of the support pages (Yes/No and then a text box)
    • Partner Support Feedback psf@microsoft.com
  • Check back regularly as we are making improvements
  • Start Chat anywhere through the Start Chat button from the bottom right of the support pages and many more!
  • Review the Support blog post Nov 26th, 2018